1. RESPONSIBILITY FOR USE. At all times, you agree to conduct your on-line activities on the ACY Forum in a cordial and friendly manner and in accordance with this TOU and all applicable laws. Any views or opinions expressed by you on the ACY Forum are your personal views or opinions and do not reflect the views or opinions of ACY.
2. USER OBLIGATIONS. When you use the ACY Forum, you promise to provide true and accurate information. You also understand and agree that use of the Internet and the ACY Forum is solely your decision and at your own risk. ACY is not responsible for the security of any information transmitted via the Internet, the accuracy of the information contained or presented on the ACY Forum, or for the consequences of any reliance on such transmission and/or information. You must make your own determination as to these issues.
3. RIGHT TO USE. The ACY Forum is provided by ACY as a resource for you and to further the mission of ACY. Access to and use of the ACY Forum is therefore limited to your personal use and to ACY’s mission-related communications, promotion, and other activities. You do not have any right to distribute further the ACY Forum (or any part or content presented on the ACY Forum)
without ACY’s prior written permission.
4. PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. You have no proprietary interest in the ACY Forum, and this TOU provides only a limited license to use its features. You have no right to identify or suggest anaffiliation with or endorsement by ACY and/or its policies or services. The ACY Forum is Copyright © 2014 Advocates for Children & Youth or its licensors. All rights reserved.
5. ENFORCING SECURITY. ACY wishes to keep the ACY Forum as a safe and productive resource for all. You therefore have no reasonable expectation of privacy while using the ACY Forum because ACY reserves the right to view, monitor, and/or record activity on the ACY Forum and to comply with government or court appointed authorities when necessary. ACY also reserves the right at any time when warranted to suspend or terminate operation of or access to the ACY Forum or any portion of the ACY Forum.
6. POSTINGS. The ACY Forum provides the opportunity to share knowledge and post other helpful or meaningful information. By submitting information of any type (a “Posting”) to the ACY Forum or by otherwise using the ACY Forum to transmit or display information, you automatically grant ACY the royalty-free right to use this information for any purpose. You also acknowledge that your submissions are non-confidential for all purposes, and you represent that you have all rights and permission necessary to submit, display, or make available any content in your Posting. Moreover, you agree that by using the ACY Forum you will not post or transmit any of the following materials on the ACY Forum:
anything, which interferes with or disrupts the ACY Forum
anything, which is contrary to the interests of ACY
anything, which may damage, lessen, or harm the goodwill or reputation of ACY and its services,
anything, which defames, harasses, threatens, offends, or in any way violates or infringes on the rights of others,
anything, which violates any law or encourages anti-competitive behavior,
anything, which involves the impersonation of any other person or entity,
anything, which is inaccurate, off-topic, irrelevant, or inappropriate for the purposes of the ACY Forum, and
anything, which constitutes junk mail, spam, or unauthorized advertising.
As the ACY Forum is generally public, the user experience is enhanced if you follow these guidelines. Please also use netiquette. Please be succinct and on-topic. Please remember to respect others and their opinions. ACY encourages open and sincere communication, but urges all users to remember that ACY Forum is intended to be a resource for all.
7. NO PRE-SCREENING OF YOUR POSTINGS. ACY is not responsible for monitoring or moderating the ACY Forum to the extent ACY itself does not post or display the information through its authorized channels and processes. ACY therefore encourages you to use reasonable discretion in using the ACY Forum. ACY also does not endorse, oppose, or edit any opinion or information provided by you or another person or entity on the ACY Forum. Any views expressed on the ACY Forum do not necessarily reflect the views of ACY. Nevertheless, ACY reserves the right to delete, edit, or take other appropriate action with respect
to the ACY Forum (or parts thereof), including, without limitation, terminating your access or use, that ACY believes in good faith violate this TOU and/or are potentially unlawful or harmful to ACY and/or other persons or entities.
8. COPYRIGHT; DESIGNATED AGENT FOR NOTIFICATION OF CLAIMS OF INFRINGEMENT. ACY respects the intellectual property rights of others, and it asks you to do the same. Accordingly, it is ACY’s policy to respond appropriately to a notice of alleged infringement that complies with U.S. Copyright Law. If you believe that one or more of your works have been copied or used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide a written notice of your claim of copyright infringement that is directed to ACY’s designated agent as specified below along with the following information:
A signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest that is allegedly infringed;
A description, in reasonable detail (including any applicable URL address), of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
A description, in reasonable detail, of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the ACY Forum;
Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your written notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Designated Agent: Director of Communications, 8 Market Place, Baltimore, Maryland, 21202.
9. LINKS TO OTHER SITES. If links to other sites on the World Wide Web are provided or made available through the ACY Forum, please note that these sites have not necessarily been reviewed by ACY and are maintained by third parties over which ACY exercises no control and for which ACY will not be responsible. Please also note that these links do not imply an endorsement by ACY of any other site, product, service, person, cause, campaign, or information.
10. DISCLAIMER. THE ACY FORUM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES AND MAY INCLUDE ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. ACY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISI NG OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF THE ACY BLOG. ACY’s MAXI MUM LIABILITY FOR ANY REASON SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU F OR USE OF THE ACY BLOG.
12. GOVERNING LAW. This TOU has been made in and will be construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of Maryland as applied to agreements entered into and completely performed in the State of Maryland. A printed version of this TOU and of any related notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings.
13. CHANGES. Please note that ACY reserves the right to change the ACY Forum and/or its features (although ACY doesn’t have any obligation to do so) as well as the terms and conditions of this TOU. Your continued use of the ACY Forum following any announced change will mean that you have accepted any change to the ACY Forum and/or to this TOU. So, we encourage you to review this TOU on a periodic basis.
14. CONTACT INFORMATION. If you have questions regarding this TOU and/or the ACY Forum, including, without limitation, any requests to use any blog entry for other purposes, please contact the Director of Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org