To find our priorities for the current year, go to the bottom of the page and select the year.
Child WelfareRead More
- Legislation to Watch 2018: Child Welfare
- Expand existing birth match legislation to protect newborn babies
- Allow older foster youth to keep at least a portion of their Social Security benefits to help with the difficult transition out of care.
Education PolicyRead More
- Support legislation that promotes fair discipline practices in schools.
- Advocate for adequate and equitable funding for Maryland public schools with a specific focus on ensuring that funding for education prioritizes racial equity.
- Legislation to Watch 2018: Birth to Three
- Support Expansion of Maryland’s Child Care Subsidies
- Monitor and support as needed state efforts to fix or backfill federal programs including the ACA and CHIP.
- Establish a program for an advanced dental hygienist practitioner, dramatically expanding dental access for children in Maryland.
Juvenile Justice PolicyRead More
- Press conference in opposition of Governor Hogan’s proposed crime package
- Legislation to Watch Juvenile 2018: Juvenile Justice
- Promote opportunities to improve the treatment of juveniles in Maryland’s justice system such as addressing the use of mechanical restraints or strip-searching minors.
- Improve facility maintenance at DJS detention centers so that they are conducive to youth rehabilitation.
- Prevent any rollbacks to state law that would expose more youth to the adult criminal justice system including policies such as blended sentencing.