- Executive Director (Interim)
With 20 years of experience in the association and nonprofit sectors, Boney has been successful in creating systematic practices and aligning critical needs. In addition, Boney is passionate about the well-being of children and youth and has created comprehensive multicultural programs, leadership and diversity models, partnerships, and grants for various audiences throughout four associations, two non-profits, and five colleges/universities. Her work with children, youth, and race equity includes:
- Serving as a consultant, dialogue facilitator, and trainer, delivering over 500 workshops on race, gender, equity, GLBT, men, power, privilege, prejudice, trauma, cultural competence, cultural humility, multiculturalism, and climate assessments
- Serving as a race equity consultant with Voices for Virginia’s Children
- Executive Director of James Madison University, Center for Multicultural Student Services, pre-college Female Institute for Learning and Development
- Executive Site Director of Year Up, Northern Virginia Community College, Woodbridge Campus
“Serving as interim executive director at ACY allows me to be a part of this transformational work while strengthening the organization’s financial capacity and infrastructure as we forge ahead to the “next” normal,” said Boney.
Before joining ACY, Boney recently served as executive director of the Maryland Music Educators Association. In 2008, she was named a Diversity Executive Leadership Scholar by ASAE, has designations as a certified association executive, and is a licensed social worker in Virginia and Maryland. She is also the president and chief executive officer of Achieve More, LLC, a minority-owned consultancy, with the mission of maximizing the talents of others and expanding organizational possibilities during times of change.
For the full announcement click here.